Spotlight is a development focused report based on Facet5. It provides individuals with a comprehensive summary of their Strengths and Risks of their personality profile as well as the Frustrations and Challenges associated with their individual style. Spotlight improves individual learning and development outcomes through heightened self-awareness and action planning.
That self-awareness is pivotal to individual development is no longer in question. It is difficult to argue against the logic of approaching your development with a good understanding of your personal style and the attitudes, values and beliefs that drive it. This, together with an appreciation of how you might be seen by others, and a language for describing differences in behaviour, lend background, perspective and a framework to any developmental exercise.
To support individuals to understand themselves in practical work based scenarios, Spotlight takes the four elements and groups them into five work related domains.
| Strengths || Risks || Frustrations || Challenges |
|Are the positive and productive behaviours that an individual does well and require little effort on their part||Are the less appealing aspects of an individual’s style and shows when things are not going well. Any Strength can become a Risk if it is taken to extremes||Refer to the adverse reaction an individual may have to another person’s behaviour. Frustrations arise because the approach of another person is so different from the individuals own that prolonged exposure to them can trigger the risk behaviours||Provide the development suggestions that support the individual to understand what they offer and how to change their behaviour to capitalise on the strengths of others and to manage the risks behaviours in themselves|
|Making decisions and |
- Do you decide quickly or take time to think?
- Do you argue strongly or try to placate others?
- Do you decide independently or see what others think?
|Engaging with and |
- Are you openly enthusiastic or more reserved?
- Do you socialize easily or prefer privacy?
- Do you discuss broadly or prefer private research?
|Focusing on people |
- Do you focus on the task or look at the big picture?
- Do you make allowances for others or expect them to look after themselves?
- Do you trust what you are told or do you look for proof?
|Managing your work |
- Do you prefer to be structured and to plan ahead or do you prefer to remain flexible?
- Are you careful and prudent or prefer to keep a light and responsive touch?
|Responding to stress |
and identifying risk
- How do you respond to stress and identify risk?
- Is it normal for you to feel anxious about things or are you generally relaxed?
- Do you always see the bright side or do you continually check for obstacles?
SpotLight enables organisations:
• Ideal for talent development
• Embeds easily into any foundation “self-awareness” and leadership programme
• Provides the framework for individual coaching, supporting coaches with the framework to build a complete Coaching plan.
• An effective personality solution for large group development
Key features and benefits:
• Provides simple explanations allowing participants to identify key development options and to convert them to practical plans
• Based on Facet5, a leading personality measure which accurately describes expected behaviours
• Facet5 Questionnaire available in over 32 languages
• Web based for data collection all over the world
• Results are available in real time, for download and use, quickly and effectively
• Online resources and facilitator materials build capability quickly and ensure powerful results.
To get started with SportLight please contact us.